Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Testimony - Delivered from 13 Years of Smoking



“In the year 2000, I started smoking; after a while I decided to quit. I prayed and cried to God for help, but I still found myself in it because of the friends I kept.
Last week, one of the brothers in this Commission invited me for the Winners’ Satellite Fellowship (WSF), but I gave an excuse and promised to follow him to church on Sunday.
That Sunday, at about 4:00 am, I got ready and went to his house. During the Bishop’s preaching, I felt cold and shed tears. I prayed earnestly for God’s help to stop every wrong habit, and I also attended the Believers’ Foundation Class that week.
During the Week of Spiritual Emphasis, I partook of the Communion. That was the first I ever took and it tasted bitter. On my way home, I felt a boiling sensation in my stomach and I prayed. 
The second time when I partook of the Communion, it tasted sweet. Since then, I had stopped smoking. I give God all the glory!” --- David, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment